Thursday, January 8, 2009

Wally

Wally is my new love. He's sitting on my desk & I've been obsessing about him all day. He's absolutely gorgeous, a tad aloof, & I'm worried that he won't be happy here. Saying he's blue doesn't do him justice. I gave him a mirror so he can admire himself and pretend to do battle to defend his territory.

In my typically anal way, I've been reading everything I can find on line about betta fish. He's in a nicely shaped vase in about a quart of water. Not the optimum. Most experts recommend one to two gallons. No gravel, because it harbors bacteria. He needs a plant or ornament where he can hide when he doesn't feel like living in a fishbowl. Most of us need a little privacy. I moved him to the dark side of my desk because it seemed to me that the bright light depressed him. He was laying on the bottom & definitly sulking. I'm going to PC tomorrow & will hit the pet store for new food, some aquarium salt and something for him to hide in. I so want him to be happy. I love when he waves his little side fins in greeting and excitement.

He doesn't bark, he doesn't shed, he doesn't need to go out for a walk and I don't have to poop scoop, just provide him with a clean environment & not overfeed him. I'm already confiding in him and have a feeling that he won't be blabbing my personal stuff all over town.

No comments:

Post a Comment