Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Instant Gratification

Minnie is my midweek housekeeper/jill of all trades. We only had some stays to take care of today so Minnie had time to work on painting some of the bathroom doors and trim. It's amazing how much cleaner the rooms look with a little fresh paint. She & I are on the same page when it comes to painting. We both love that instant gratification. There's nothing like taking a step back & admiring your work. Instant feel good.

On the outside, we're painting trim and room doors. We'll work around the weather. Inside stuff when it's brrr and outside after the weather mellows a bit.

On the subject of gratification, I found a 5 minute yoga routine purported to give me energy, weight loss (tummy area,) peace, focus, & so on. There are 3 exercises, 2 take 1 minute & one, 2 minutes. I couldn't hold #1 for 60 secs yesterday. Today I made it to 45 secs. The other 2 I had trouble with yesterday, but today managed to hold both the full 60. When I finish, I gotta say, I feel great. What makes the short exercise routine effective is the breathing. I'm told that doing "breath of the dragon" makes the one minute as effective as 1 hour. I'm having a hard time with that concept, but 5 mins is my speed, so I'll stick with this until I get bored. Results would be nice though.

No comments:

Post a Comment