Saturday, January 31, 2009

Love The Deep Clean


Karen & I have been bustin' our butts since Fri morning. Oddly enough, we were no vacancy on Thurs nite. 7 turnovers Fri morning and 5 this morning. This is not a complaint, although my back is screaming at me after making all those beds.

Our biggest pleasure is doing a deep clean & today was the perfect opportunity. #6, my "dolphin" room was vacated after a 7 week stay by a latino woman and her adorable 2 year old son. We stripped that room down to the bare walls, scrubbed everything, laundered everything, including the shower curtain, shampooed the carpet, washed the windows, light fixture etc. etc. This is a routine we do on a regular basis, but when there's a long term stay, we can't get in there to do so. Just imagine how you feel after a good spring cleaning. That's how I feel this evening.
All this room needs for now is the new lamp and benches I aquired from my dear friend Ed at Atlantic Liquidators in Hammonton, NJ. As soon as my dh clears a trail in the store room I can get busy on that project.

No comments:

Post a Comment