Monday, January 26, 2009

Red Sky At Morning


When I went out this morning to get the paper, this is the sky that greeted me. I ran in for the camera so I could share this lovely sight. I take that back, I didn't run, I strolled in to get my camera. I'm slowing down. By design, not by necessity. Somehow, I haven't been able to shake that NJ hurry up mind set. It really doesn't work down here.
Two years ago, there was nothing but forest across the street. Developers came in and these "condo cottages" went up in about six months. They just came in & started stacking boxes on top of boxes. They're not ugly, they actually have that "old Florida" look, but they sure are close together. We were laughing about the residents being able to pass cups of coffee from balcony to balcony.
Tonight's sunset wasn't nearly as spectacular. In our location we do experience some dramatic sunsets, but in my experience, the best ever were from the deck of our home overlooking Lake Oneida in upstate NY.
Oh, Happy Chinese New Year! Our spiritual selves put great stock in Chinese tradition & we look forward to a steady upward trend in this year of the Ox.

1 comment:

  1. Just had to say you captured a real Kodak moment, Awesome!

    ReplyDelete