Monday, January 12, 2009

Tiki Room







There's a guy who started calling me in late October to book a month in a kitchen unit. He's quite indecisive about his arrival date and which particular kitchen he wants. He has called 3 times since then, changing his arrival each time. I understand that when committing to a month stay, one wants it to be as close to perfect as possible. This morning he called again & I had to tell him that my medium size kitchen has been booked for a 4 month stay, so now all I have available suitable for one person is our smallest unit, #9. This is our "Tiki" room. We can't change the age of the motel or the size of the rooms, so in order to amuse myself & my guests, I spend the off months decorating "theme" rooms.
I don't want this guy to be disappointed, so I sent him the photos above this morning. At least he'll know exactly what he's getting while he still has time to cancel without penalty.

If we had the resources, we'd make at least one more full kitchen unit. Expecially in our current economy, people still want to travel, but having the option to cook in is very attractive to the budget minded vacationer. That wouldn't be me however! If I had to cook on my vacation, I'd stay home! To me, eating out is the best part of a vaca. Love trying regional specialties and finding unique & quirky local eateries.

No comments:

Post a Comment