Sunday, January 25, 2009

I Feel Good

Effortless fat loss! How could I not be sucked in by that promise? I picked up my usual cheapie mags at the supermarket check out and 2 of them promised easy weight loss plans. Oh, big surprise. Anyway, the first was walking off 20 lbs by the end of March. I asked the clerk what she thought of that & her answer was, "Well, if you start now & never stop until the end of March, maybe." Hmmm, that didn't work for me.The other mag offered the usual miracle diet, again not for me. However, buried on page 36 was an article entitled "Instant energy-effortless fat loss!" After a quick scan of the article, I figured this was something I could do. It only required 5 minutes a day. 5 minutes!? Anyone can do 5 minutes. Today is my 6th day and I gotta tell ya that I feel very good. I'm not sure about fat loss, but the anxiety reduction & energy increase make it so worth it.



The whole routine is based on yoga principles developed by Ravi Singh and Ana. I still can't do the first position for the whole 60 seconds, but my breathing is getting better & today I made it to 50 secs. Maybe my COPD makes it a little tougher for me, but then again, maybe it'll improve my breathing and lung capacity. It's possible I'll lose a couple of lbs, but I don't see how I can lose with this one. If I can't invest 5 mins then shame on me. Like James Brown said "I Feel Good."

No comments:

Post a Comment