Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Good Reads

Today, I finished "Shoot Him If He Runs," one of Stuart Woods Stone Barrington novels. I have read Woods off and on for years and each time I forget what a good yarn spinner he is. His tales are improbable, but then again maybe that's my naivete speaking. If you visit his website and read his bio, you'll see as I did, that he's had plenty of life experience which he sprinkles lavishly through his tales. I'm not selling here, I'm just an enthusiast. He sails, he flies (planes, that is) and even has a dog named Fred.

For me, the true test of literary entertainment is that my non-reading dh has actually read and thoroughly enjoyed the adventure, wit, intelligence and license to fly (imaginatively, that is) of Stuart Woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment