Tuesday, January 13, 2009


Today is the anniversary of a special day, and one I remember quite well. Even though is was a tad over 40 years ago, the birth of a child remains in one's memory. It was a very snowy January in NJ and I felt this might be the day. I went to Mother's so I wouldn't be alone in our third floor walk-up apartment. Sure enough, late in the afternoon the trip to the hospital was made. After being examined by my OB, he remarked that it would be a while, so off he goes to his gun club for some skeet shooting. I didn't see him again that day, because as soon as he left, my baby girl decided to make her appearance. Luckily, there was an intern on duty. He managed to catch Danielle as she popped into the world, then the poor guy had to run across the hall to catch another newbie. My baby & I were taken care of by the OB nurse who happened to be a friend of mine.

But enough about me! It's Danielle's special day. Love to my very special daughter and Happy Birthday, darling, Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment