Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Trip To South America????

Today, the bill for my Dixie Belle business credit card arrived. I had recently charged a couple of big ticket items so I knew my balance was going to be up there. But it was just a bit too high. While going over the charges, I find one for $376.76 to LAN.....global something or other. I said to Dan, "I don't recognize this charge. Did we buy anything big other than the washer & dryer?" He couldn't remember anything.

After sitting & scratching my head for a few minutes, I decide to Google LAN. Guess what I found? A freakin' airline to South America. Somebody flew to South America on my dime!!!

So I call Bank Of America fraud line and after several days on hold, ok maybe it wasn't quite that long I finally get a real person and start on my tale of woe when my damn cat steps on the phone and cuts off the call.

In the end BOA was very helpful. They took the charge off, pending my affidavit of fraud, closed the account immediately and will be issuing me a new card.

No comments:

Post a Comment