Friday, May 1, 2009

Kentucky Derby



I always get so excited waiting for Derby Day. This gorgeous guy is Dunkirk, my emotional favorite. I'm a sucker for the grey ones. But...this year, I may actually place a bet & I'm not sure this beauty is the one I'll go with. He just doesn't have much of a history. I don't usually bet, but I'm always sitting here by myself wishing I was having a party or at one & I just want to add to the suspense of the greatest 2 minutes in sports, by actually placing a bet.

I had to look up on line the types of bets one makes on horse races, because all I ever knew was win, place or show. I've had such fun researching but I'm more confused than ever. I want to combine Dunkirk with another favorite, maybe Fresian Fire, who's a mudder & it's probably going to be raining at the Downs on Saturday, plus a long shot or two. Still figuring it out.

Adding to my enjoyment this year has been the Kentucky Derby 135 web site. I had no idea they had such diverse stuff available. They have fabulous party supplies, food, recipes, decorating ideas, & of course all you ever wanted to know about the contenders, their trainers, jockeys, owners and much, much more. Next year, maybe I'll order all that stuff & have a party of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment