Sunday, April 19, 2009

A New Favorite Author

Lately, I seem to be drawn to books with a sense of place and characters I can see in that place.

When I first read The Second Coming of Lucy Hatch by Marsha Moyer I was sucked in by the town of Mooney in east Texas, partly because, I'm familiar with east Texas & like it , so I could picture the town easily. In books, I love to revisit places I've been & have been drawn to.

This was Moyer's first novel & entrancing in many ways, but I found myself a tad impatient with the characters overreaction to events and feelings. But then again, anyone who knows me knows that I'm very impatient with what I perceive to be real peoples' overreactions. Given that, I still liked it enough to read her second story in the series.

The Last of the Honky-Tonk Angels really sucked me in. I just read the last word & immediately went to Amazon.com & ordered the last two books in Moyer's series, because I need to know what happens with these people, even though I want to smack, Lucy, Ash & Denny upside the head many times.

What really grates on my nerves is that, the character by the name of Denise is called Denny. I hate that. Denise is a beautiful name & Denny's is a chain restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment