Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter at the Laundromat

I had 7 turnovers this morning which translates into 14 sets of sheets and towels for 17 because 3 rooms had an extra person. It started out fine. The weather is on the cool side and the air dry enough to breathe without a scuba tank. Went out early to get some wash going, came back in, made Dan some blueberry muffins (his fav.) Oh I need to digress for a moment. Does the punctuation belong inside or outside the parentheses? I've always been confused about that. From somewhere in the the recesses of my mind, I feel compelled to put them inside, but it just doesn't look right.



Anyway, I go back out to put the first load in the dryer & when I pushed the button, I got a lovely hum but no action. I've had the feeling in the back of my mind that this washer & dryer were getting a little long in the tooth, but feeling I needed to squeeze out every last moment of use. Bad decision. If anything is going to stop working, it's going to stop working at the worst possible moment. Better for one to plan ahead than wait for disaster to befall one. You'd think with my advanced age & experience I would have taken the practical route & replaced the damn things months ago.



No, I'd rather spend Easter Sunday at the laundromat. My poor planning leaves me without a dryer until Saturday the 18th when a new one will arrive. We're pretty well booked up this week, so I've got my bag of quarters ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment