Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Red Hat Lunch

I wish I had taken a picture today. About 10 of us gathered for lunch at Toucan's, a funky tiki bar type indoor-outdoor restaurant right on the beach in Mexico Beach. One of the quirky things about this area is that the time zone changes from eastern to central at the county line, 7 miles up the road. We're eastern & Toucan's is central, so the ladies who live in MB had lunch at 11 AM. When we make dates around here, we always ask, your time or my time?



Anyway, we had a good group today. In our booth, it was me & The Ho, Jean, a 93 year old sassy girl ,(she told a risque joke today,) Virginia, charming, friendly and the vice-queen of our bunch, Joanne, who's poor health moved her here from Brooklyn to live with her son & DIL (a gem of a woman with all the charm & chutzpah of an italian gramma from Brooklyn,) and rounding out the group, Fran, who has a daughter my age & told us that her recent brain surgery cured her craving for chocolate & if she had known they could turn off that switch, she would have asked for a few more adjustments.



Jean's Joke: A young woman was spending the weekend with her grandma & came downstairs dressed for an evening out in a very sheer shirt. Grandma says: "Oh my, you can't go out like that, I can see through your blouse!" The girl replied, "Oh Gram, get with it, I'm just showcasing my rosebuds." The next morning, when the girl comes downstairs for breakfast, there sits Gram totally topless. "Grandma! What are you doing with no shirt on!!!!" "Why my dear, I'm just showcasing my hanging baskets."



PS Jean also volunteers 3 days a week at the local nursing home where she is older than the oldest resident.

No comments:

Post a Comment