Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Jury's In

My new GE Profile dryer. I'm giving it a 4 out of 5 stars. It beats anything I've had in the past, but that wasn't all that hard to do. The drum is huge. 7 cubic feet. A good size load of towels dries in about 1 1/4 hours. I wish it was faster than that, but I can live with this. By the way, it has a shiny stainless steel drum. On Tuesday, I was wearing a heart monitor & when I reached into the dryer, the reflection of my arm made me think there was some kind of critter in there. I jumped back 3 feet. I wonder how that's going to register!

Some new restaurants have opened it the first reviews are in. I personally have not been to any of them, but this is what I'm hearing.

Joe Mama's, wood fired oven pizza on Reid St, downtown PSJ. 2.5 out of 5. One size, medium, with most folks claiming it only serves one. only three basics with pricey charges for extras. The biggest rip off in my book is a charge for extra cheese. I remember when pizza had plenty of cheese. The evil genius who thought up cutting the amount of cheese in half, then charging extra for the right amount should rot in hell.

The Great Southern School of Fish. Despite the ridiculous name this upscale restaurant in Windmark is getting raves. We give it a 4.5 for the stupid name and pricey menu.

Two Crabs. Hwy 98, St Joe Beach. Unanimous 5's for this small seafood house. There's an educated and talented chef/owner, casual atmosphere &, fresh seafood. They plan to serve on the beach across the street, to open for breakfast and to introduce more innovative menu choices. Opens at 5 PM for dinner & if you're not there at 5, plan to stand in line. Pricing is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment