Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Red Hat Lunch Day


Here's me & The Ho on our way to this month's Red Hat lunch at The School of Fish in Windmark Beach. Not being a huge fish eater I had the french dip with swiss cheese. Yummo! A couple of the girls had baked oysters & even though I don't eat them myself they looked gorgeous. One did Rockefeller and another did Bienville. Both said they were outstanding.
Back at the motel after lunch, I had to get into unit # 5 where a simple paint job turned into an ugly tile nightmare. There were some loose & cracked tiles on the shower floor & I figured I could repair them. When I started taking up the loose ones, more & more came up and underneath I saw the original mosaic style tile, so got a chisel and hammer & exposed the original floor. It was in terrible condition and I realized what a mistake I made, but now I was stuck. So for the past two days I've been regrouting and cleaning & today caulking. It still looks like hell and I'm exhausted.
I'm going to have to come up with a plan C, but for now at least it shouldn't leak. We have people checking in on Friday, so I guess I'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment