Saturday, May 23, 2009

Habla Espanol?

Even though I frequently have spanish speaking guests, most of whom don't let on how much english they understand, I have been resisting learning their language well enough to actually converse.

My reasoning up until this point has been that, dammit, this is America. If you want to spend time here learn english!

I've done a 180. Now I'm feeling that learning better spanish is a defensive move. I just need to know what these people are saying in order to stay on equal ground. They have an advantage & I can't stand that. I need to have if not the upper hand, at least an equal hand.

That said, I've tried a couple of on line courses. Totally boring. I like books, because I'm a reader & a visual learner. They're not, however, interactive. Rosetta Stone is highly rated, but way too pricey. I don't know where to go from here. Still researching. Suggestions welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment