Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend



The reports of heavy rain every day caused several cancellations and I must admit, Thursday,
and Friday were pretty dismal. Saturday wasn't too bad and yesterday & today were both hot and sunny. Just what people come here for.

While most folks were getting together with friends and family for barbeques, I spent the morning cleaning and the afternoon scraping and painting the bathroom in #5. 5 is a smoking room and the smokers I get here are very careless. They burn the carpet, bedding & bathroom shelves, but aside from that, the shower was peeling paint and starting to mildew. So even though I don't usually put extra effort into the smoking rooms, this one was offending me. I have a nice feeling of accomplishment now that the job is half done. I scraped & primed the shower stall, finished coated the door & trim plus the baseboards which were looking dingy to me.

Tomorrow, I'll finish paint the shower, plus scrape out old caulk & redo. I'll finish up by shampooing the carpet. It'll be a kinda tough day since there are 5 turnovers to do first, but once I get started on a project, I'm totally motivated.





No comments:

Post a Comment