Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Yearly Physical

Today I suffered the indignities of the second half of a complete physical exam. The first part, done 6 wks ago, was a verbal exchange of info, leading to several diagnostic tests. Today was an actual naked exam. Happy to say that all looks good at this point, inside & out.

This doctor however, is a black & white kind of guy who goes by the book. Even though I lied to him about my daily wine intake, actually lost 10 lbs and cut salt almost completely out of my diet, his parting words were like a knife through my heart.

"Lose more weight, quit drinking and walk 3 miles a day at a brisk pace." Also, "buy a recumbent bike an exercise those creaky knees before they get much worse." This guy is nuts!

So after my appt, The Ho & I went to lunch where I downed 3 Bloodies and a club sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment