Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Or Is It?

Well...the long hot weekend and the long hot summer is over. Or is it?? I had three one night reservations for tonight & they checked in early so I figured I could put my feet up and relax. The week after Labor Day is traditionally one of the slowest.

So here I am enjoying a glass of wine when in comes a couple looking for a non-smoking room. Mine were all full & all I had left were smoking, so I sent them down the road to the Mainstay. Next I get 4 guys from Panama city wanting 2 rooms because they were tired after a full day of scalloping. During conversation I find out they own the parasailing concession right next to the condo where Dan & I will be spending my birthday this weekend. They offered to teach me & I think I'd love it, but wondering if someone with osteoporosis should take the chance. I think the up in the air part would be great, but the landing part could be problematic. Maybe I'll send Dan. He used to jump out of perfectly good airplanes, so I don't see why he wouldn't love parasailing.

But, I digress. I'm back to my wine when a threesome from the Czech Republic wanders in off the road and takes another room.

I'm not all that thrilled with this, because tomorrow is my once a month lunch with my BFF The Ho and I like to finish work early so I can clean up a little first. Sometimes the income has to take a backseat to the personal life, but I'm not going to turn anyone away when I have an available room, it just doesn't make business sense. Not to mention that slower times are coming.

I put out the "NO VACANCY" and still they come. This is so bizarre. I just sent another group down to Mexico Beach and it's only 8:50 PM.

In the meantime, I've done a sloppy pedicure & manicure so I'll be semi ready for lunch out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment