Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Birthday Indulgence









All I wanted for my birthday was to have a couple of days to chill in luxury. I got that and more. The condo we booked in PCB exceeded my expectations big time. For a girl who spends most of her life in a 30 something year old single wide trailer the gourmet kitchen with granite & stainless, the beautifully dressed king bed with a view wall plus sliders to the balcony, the two full baths (what fun deciding which pot to piss in), the 2 54" plasmas, the tiled, mirrored sitting area with sliding window wall overlooking the polynesian pool with beach beyond, the bars, restaurants, spa, golf course and personal service just made me sit back & say "Ah."
I brought some wine, brie, crackers & homemade chicken salad for our check-in night, but we did walk around the property and stop in the main bar for a few. That night was the only one without rain, but I'm a rain lover & having a front row seat for the storms coming through was fun. I had my covered balcony and a panoramic view. It was great.
On arrival, we parked at the entrance to our "tower" , I love that, "our tower." We never had to move the car. Everything we wanted was there or within walking. And we did take a walk across the street after our completely decadent breakfast on Mon morn. The on-site restaurant is typical upscale beach decor with a rather limited menu, but very pleasant. We just didn't know what to expect from the kitchen. Dan, being an eggs benedict addict glommed right on to that, but he's very particular about his eggs being pleasantly runny. I, on the other hand, had to go for the crab cakes benedict, but I like my eggs firmer. Both dishes came out perfect and absolutely delectible. The english muffins were swimming in butter & toasted to perfection. I know, I know, I was in heaven, even as my arteries were hardening.
I was so entirely satiated that I had to forgo my planned ice cream cone lunch. After spending the day lounging & and enjoying the foul weather we rallied for a casual dinner.
One of my favorite things and something I could enjoy over & over again was lying in bed in the AM watching the beach and Gulf of Mexico without even having to take my head off the pillow.
Before we left this morning, we booked a similar unit for Dan's birthday next month. His special request was to be on the top floor. They were able to give us the 11th. Close enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment