Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"Dancin" is Back!




I'm happy.
The new season of "Dancing With The Stars" premiered last night. One of my absolutely favorite TV shows even though one TV pundit referred to it as "Dancing With The Barely Recognizable." He had a point, but even if the faces and names of the contestants are barely "C" list, I get involved and have favs already.


Last night was men's night and the 8 male contestants danced one ballroom and one latin. It's immediately obvious that Donny Osmond and Aaron Carter (a pop singer?) are going to be the front runners. Both have dance experience and Carter is quite the showman.
There are 2 guys I really liked and each has some potential to stay in the game for awhile. Chuck Liddell, a tattooed, shaved headed, professional brawler, but so cute and Michael Irvin a former Dallas Cowboy and sports announcer. Irvin has a handicap. His professional partner is new to "Dancing" and she isn't comfortable with her teaching and choreography yet. But she's tall & so a good physical fit with her partner. These two macho men have lots of personality and seem to be putting major effort into actually doing well. Just think what they put on the line when they agreed to do this show.
The one who needs to go at elimination on Wed is Ashley Hamilton, George Hamilton's son. He has none of his father's charm, he has three left feet with no potential for improvement. His smile twinkles, but not his toes.
Tonight is ladies night. Let's see how they do. I'm no Carrie Ann Inaba, but I'm very opioninated and I love dance. Last night, I was wishing my mother was watching the show with me. She was a good dancer & I'd have loved to hear what she had to say.




No comments:

Post a Comment