Saturday, March 14, 2009

Wherever The Car Takes Us

A young couple checked in a while ago, obviously watching their budget. I think that's why our business is so good lately. Our rates meet the needs of budget conscious travelers and our cleanliness makes our rooms even more attractive. When I asked the guy a few questions, he told me they were on a road trip & just goin' wherever the car took them.


Being an inveterate road tripper myself, I find myself very envious. Love, love, love an adventurous road trip. I don't know about the other earth signs, but as a Virgo, I'm never more content than when the rubber is meeting the road. Give me a road map & I'm in my element. Sidebar: Mapquest is better than Rand McNally.

Some of the more memorable jaunts were the pacific northwest, Vancouver & Victoria, California gold country, California wine country, tenting NJ to Dallas & back, NJ to the Grand Canyon & back with son Nick and New England. Dan & I never did New England together & I so want to show him one of my favorite areas of the country.


There's so much more to see, taste, experience and feel that I'm chomping at the bit with anticipation. As Dinah Shore sang to us: See the USA, in your (dodge caravan) Chevrolet, America's the greatest land of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment