Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Got What I Deserved

When one compromises one's principles one usually gets screwed. Our rooms are small and we have a maximum occupancy of 4 people in 9 out of our 10 rooms.

About 2 months ago, I took a reservation for 1 adult & 3 children in room #1. Not crazy about children (because parents generally do not teach their children manners or respect anymore) these days, but I bit the bullet and hoped for the best.

The woman called a few weeks later & added another child. I made an exception and allowed it. This same woman arrived last week on a separate reservation with some adult girlfriends. On her last day, she told me her husband would be joining the next group, making it 6 people in one room with one bathroom. I had a sinking feeling in my stomach, but because I accepted the original reservation, I'll didn't feel I could turn her down. So wrong. I so should have.

I got what I deserved. The room, after 3 nights is trashed. The carpet covered in dirt, and I'm talking piles of dirt. I don't know where they're getting it. My driveway is stone. There are half empty soda cans and food wrappers all over the place. They're getting fresh towels every day, but I only supply replacements for the used ones. Six people got 6 of everything plus one bath mat. We're now down to 5 bath towels, 4 hand towels and 4 face cloths. The bath mat is gone.

All I can say is that if we give the impression that we disrepect ourselves by compromising our principles, then we are giving permission for others to disrespect us. I got what I deserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment