Monday, March 30, 2009

Adieu to Blue




Karen & I spent most of today painting #8. It used to be blue.
To recap. This has been my Orient Express room done mainly in shades of blue. I originally felt that blue would make my rooms feel cooler in the hot summer months. That may be true, but the monochomatic scheme is very confining in a small room. I began to feel depressed when I walked in, so decided to liven thing up a bit.
So, today we did the walls a pale gold, the headboards and new benches (thanks, Eddie sweetie), in a medium sage. We have guests coming in tomorrow, so the room has to be put together in the morning.
Isn't this just like one of those decorating TV shows? They let you see only so much until it all comes together for the grand reveal. Tune in tomorrow evening for the reveal of the new Orient Express room at the Dixie Belle.
Whew! I'm beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment