Sunday, March 8, 2009

I forgot


I forgot murder was a crime. Kidding....... I forgot that I was a lousy seamstress. Aside from making curtains, lately I've not sewn anything of a wearable nature.
However, there's a memorial service at the VFW next week for a girlfriend who left us when she was way too young. Judy had just turned 70. A very classy lady.
All auxilliary members wear their vests to the services in honor of a departed member & I don't have a vest, so I needed to embark on this sewing project. Here I'm thinking, wow, I can whip that simple thing out in a day. I forgot. Cut it out, cut out the facings, cut out the interfacing. Just one disagreeable task after another. After two days of factory type labor all I have left to do at this point, is hem it and do the dreaded topstitching. (Need to be sober for that) Then I can take it to the embroidery lady in Panama City to do the logo.
I was always told that the mark of a good seamstress is that the garment looks as good on the inside as on the outside. Giving myself a C for the outside, you don't want to look inside. Trust me.
The vest pictured belongs to The HO, but don't think for one moment that she made it. She got lucky when her friend moved away & left it to her. Bitch.
I

1 comment: