Saturday, March 7, 2009

Armed & Dangerous


Yeah, that's a cat in my inbox.
Yesterday while Dan was on the phone taking a reservation, she sat smack in the middle of the reservations book. The day before, she ripped a page out of the same book. Violet also likes to sit on the newspaper while I'm reading it and helps (her word for it...) me with my crossword puzzle each morning. Just like she helps me make the bed.
So, yesterday I went to the local arsenal, otherwise known as the Dollar Store & stocked up on compact & colorful weapons. The store was filled with old ladies (oops! crap, I forgot, I'm one of them). One of them remarked on my weapons purchase. When I told her they were intended to tame an unruly feline, she, as well as several of her friends followed suit & filled their baskets with pistols of every size and color. I was asked what ammo I used & recommended the least lethal, h2o.
This morning, while I was in my business checkbook, my darling Violet knocked it to the floor causing the rings to open and a year's worth of check stubs to scatter all over the office.
I pulled out my trusty purple water gun & let her have it right between the eyes. She may be a slow learner, because she returned to my desktop several more times & several more times took a hit in the face. Right now, she's not speaking to me. I can live with that.

1 comment:

  1. Well, since I am in a commenting mood today I do have to remind you that some cats like water!LOL Just Me again!

    ReplyDelete