Friday, February 27, 2009

Good Grief!

I thought the recent motel disasters were enough for one week. Wrong. Here I am on my second glass of wine, feet up on my desk, enjoying Rachal Ray when one of my little latino workers comes in the office to tell me that his toilet is spewing water. "No one used it. It just started throwing out water." When I got there, Juan was sweeping water out of the room with a broom. I called Dan and started mopping up water which was no longer coming out of the toilet. I got the steam cleaner out, which is a good sucker upper & was making headway when Dan arrived.

When Dan snaked out the toilet, it was obvious that someone had put something they shouldn't have in there and then made up a story. Why was I surprised? Most people will fudge the truth when they've caused something to go wrong. It's human nature, I guess.

Tomorrow, Karen & I will get in there, move the furniture out of the way & shampoo the carpet. In the meantime I'm laundering the old comforters I had to use to soak up the worst of the water. The Humane Society will be happy to get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment