Friday, February 13, 2009

Cell Phone in Crapper

Actually that's where I think they belong. Personal opinion aside, my old cell died because I dropped it in the toilet at least 1/2 dozen times and this last time was it's last gasp. Dan went to Sam's yesterday, turned in the drowned phone & brought home some kind of guy phone. Lots of bells & whistles. This sucker was a behemoth. Heavy, two levels with a separate alpha keyboard and big. I hated it on sight. I need a texting keyboard like I need a third, 3 letter word beginning and ending with t.

So today I schlep back to Sams to turn in the monster & get myself something light, compact and plain. Because it's a two phone acct. we were entitled to 2 new phones. I asked for mine to be swapped out and I'd take the second unprogrammed & in the box as a spare. For some odd unexplained reason, the clerk, a very sweet girl who meant well, programmed Dan's # into the second phone rendering his current phone inactive. He has to go back to Sams with both phones to get the issue corrected. No happy camper here.

Now I'm sitting here & trying to get the thing to ring like a telephone instead of playing some annoying music, but just can't make it do what I want. Thank god the grandkids are coming for a visit tomorrow. Rocketry be damned, I need a cell phone scientist.

No comments:

Post a Comment