Friday, February 6, 2009

Catamaran Couple




A couple of days ago, Dan checked a couple into unit #6, but didn't say there was anything unusual about them and I didn't ask. I have very little curiosity. I'm pretty much a live & let live person.

Yesterday morning, I went in to collect the towels and was shocked to see the room jam packed full. Not just suitcases, but boxes, appliances, a computer printer still in the box and a table set up with a sewing machine, bolts of fabric and an ironing board. Now, my rooms are small to begin with, so I was wondering how this woman was actually doing sewing projects & why.

When I told Dan what I found, he, being the more inquisitive of the two of us, knew the whole story. These folks are from Washington state & they bought a used catamaran to travel on. It has a cabin for living and sleeping. But the boat was used & in need of refreshing. They are moored in the canal down the road while they paint, recover all the cushions (hence the sewing machine) and generally remodel the interior to make it liveable.

They've been working from dawn to dusk, so I haven't had the opportunity to talk with them. I went out this morning to try and find their boat, but couldn't, so in the meantime, I took a couple of pics at our marina which is about 2 miles from the motel.

No comments:

Post a Comment