Thursday, September 2, 2010

Welcome To The Neighborhood

My dear friends Ed & Bill moved from Hammonton, NJ to Atlanta, Ga and I took a quick run up there the other day.  Bill has accepted a very prestigious position at Emory University.  They're only 5 1/2 hours away so I'm thrilled that they're now in the neighborhood.  My ride to Atlanta was very pleasant until while passing the airport a 747 damn near took the roof off my car.  Until you've driven I 85/75 through Atlanta you've not experienced extreme driving.  I used to think the Schuykill Expressway outside of Philly was the kamakazi strip.  Close, but no cigar.  Not even a cigarillo.  

Their new home is on a lovely street with mature trees and landscaping.  The house itself in today's terminology is "mid century modern." The floorplan is ideal and there's a full basement with wet bar and full bath.  It would easily fit a pool table and full size shuffleboard table.  Oh dear, here I go making it my own.  Down girl.  Oh, and there's a 50 ft. magnolia in the front yard.  I should have taken pictures.  Next time.

I love Ed & Bill dearly, but I'm "in love" with Benny.  Benny is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and the darlingest dog ever.  He's gorgeous, he's loving and I wanted to steal him. Look at that face!  My research tells me that this is not a dog to leave in a doggy hotel.  He wants to be with his family all the time, so I'm going to have to wait until we're living in an RV so when I get my own Benny he can go everywhere with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment