Monday, September 13, 2010

Refusing Martyrdom

The Ho sent me this birthday card on the condition that when her birthday comes around again I will tell her she also looks fabulous.

No Lie.  We both look fabulous.

I've spent most of my adulthood perfecting the role of martyr.  No more.  I'm done.  The DH has a meeting he can't miss tomorrow night, so he doesn't want to join me in celebrating my birthday.

No problem.  I'll leave here after work, drive to Sam's club in PC, buy myself a pair of outrageously priced Maine lobster tails.  I have a 1 PM manicure appt, after which I'll stop at the El Governor Beach Bar in Mexico Beach for a cocktail before heading back to say so long to the DH.  It should be a slow night at the motel, so I can cook and savor my lobster without interruption. 

It's going to be a great day.  Lesson for the day:  you are the only person responsible for your own happiness. 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, enjoy every minute of "your special day".

    Love ya, The Ho

    ReplyDelete