Thursday, July 29, 2010

Your Time Or My Time

Dammit!  I missed my red hat luncheon yesterday.  You'd think that after over 8 !/2 years of living at the convergence of 2 time zones I'd have it figured out by now.  I'm surrounded by central time.  6 miles to the west and 10 miles to the north.  Eastern time only runs along the coast.  At one time, a very influential company owned a paper mill here in PSJ and wanted it on the same time schedule as their corporate offices in Atlanta.  What they wanted, they got.  The paper mill is long gone, but those of us who live here still deal with the anomaly of two time zones.

The situation does have it's advantages.  If I have a 1PM appt. with my hairdresser, I can leave here at 1:40 PM and be on time.  If I'm going to PC, I can leave here at 10 AM and arrive there after an hour's drive at 10 AM. 

This time, I guess I just had a brain fart. I won't admit that it could be age, but will consider that the ongoing  heat has burned my brain matter into charbroil. The email from the Red Hat Queen Mum did say lunch at 12 in PC and my mind just didn't compute.  I drove an hour to have lunch with friends and ended up eating Burger King by myself.  PS.  These girls don't linger, they eat and run.

No comments:

Post a Comment