Friday, July 30, 2010

What's A Nose Anyway?

Will I cut off my nose to spite my face?  You're damn skippy I will if it's for a noble cause and the greater good.

Wanting to try a new pasta salad recipe, I cooked a pound of rotini last night so I wouldn't steam up my kitchen in the heat of the day.  I put it in a covered plastic bowl in the very back of my fridge.

When I walked into the kitchen this morning there was a suspicious looking dirty dish lurking in the sink.  Recognizing the dregs of olive oil and garlic sent me to the fridge to check on my pasta.  The bowl I'd hidden in the very back was now up front and half empty. I was not happy, but thinking I'll just have to make a smaller batch, but when the OP I live with got up and I mentioned the missing pasta, he actually said "You should have put I sign on it."  Well, something in me just snapped   "I SHOULD HAVE PUT A SIGN ON IT!!  A SIGN ON IT!  I'LL SHOW YOU A SIGN, " I said with clenched teeth as I upended the remaining pasta into the dumpster.

No comments:

Post a Comment