Sunday, July 25, 2010

Scary Kid

From my desk I  see 2 SUV's drive up to the office , each with Texas plates, 2 adults plus 2 children in each vehicle. The first one in the door is a boy around 10 yrs old, followed by a couple of adults, then the contents of the other vehicle.  The kid slams the lobby door shut on the woman following him, but she pushes in anyway. She says nothing to the kid.   I now have 4 adults and a couple of children crammed in my tiny lobby, with the 10 yr old boy right up front at the desk.  I ask how many people and how many nights.  They tell me 8 people, 1 night.  The kid looks me dead in the eyes and says in utter seriousness, "I. Own. This. Place."  The parents say nothing.   As I stare him down, I'm thinking "holy crap" and instantly go from 4 vacant rooms to one.  " Gosh folks, I'm so sorry, I only have one room left, maximum 4 people.  I can't accommodate your group, but in which direction are you going, perhaps I can suggest another motel."  I'm going to sic this scary kid and his bizarre family on another motel down the road.  The further down the road the better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment