Friday, December 4, 2009

Trailer Trash Christmas







Ho, Ho, Ho. Well, my Christmas decorations are up. Totally tacky & half-hearted. That's a major improvement over last year, which was no-hearted.
It's so hard to get in the holiday groove here in LA (lower Alabama, lest you forget.) Not having family or friends close by affects one's mood as well. On a positive note, I'll be driving over to St. Augustine next Saturday to hook up with Nick and family for one night while on their way home from a visit to Disney. Can you imagine dragging two kids around Disney World? Everyone knows it's a place for adults to play. As for me, I'd like to move into Walt's (Disney, that is) apartment over the shops on Main Street. But I digress.
We're actually going to have a real Christmas at the condo in PCB. We booked a 3 bedroom unit this time and Danielle, Ike & kids are driving over from St. Augustine to join us. We'll even put up a tree. I'm drying the ubiquitous backyard lemons(dried slices look like stained glass) and glittering seashells to use as ornaments plus wrapping tons of junk to put under the tree.
We'll be beachfront, but whatever the weather I'm planning lots of family fun and surprises. I'm thinking I may be going into this thing whole-hearted after all. One never knows, do one?

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever drying the lemons, and you know I am all about some sparkly seashells. Perfect for a family Christmas on the beach!

    ReplyDelete