Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cristmas Wrapped Up


All the wrapping is done, out of state gifts mailed, on their way and today I'm delivering our veteran's bag of goodies.
Every year we adopt a disabled vet and do our best to fill his Chistmas wish list. We are told the first name, last initial and branch of service. Ours has been navy for the last several years & I must admit that buying navy blue hoodies and Old Spice was getting a little boring.
This year, our guy is Danny H., navy. Yes, he wanted his navy blue hoodie, but forgot to put down his size and in my mind's eye I saw Danny H. as a wiry little guy. However, one never knows, so we went with an xtra large hoodie. Then things got more interesting. He asked for action films on DVD & I found a couple of good ones. His request for dark chocolate and Folger's hazelnut coffee added a little dimension to his personality and were easy to find.
The final item on his list just ain't gonna happen. Sorry sailor, I don't buy cigarettes for anyone.
Merry Christmas and today is a great day to quit smoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment