Monday, November 30, 2009

Bye Violet


She hated being shut up in the house. She hated her "fun tunnel." And one day last week she unzipped the fun tunnel and spent a couple of carefree hours exploring the great outdoors.
It made her so happy that I opened the doggie/cat door so she could come & go during daylight hours. When it started to get dark, I would find her, bring her inside & close the cat door.
Every day she came in regularly for food and lovin'. A couple of times she was out after dark and I could hear her cavorting on the roof of the trailer. Nevertheless, when I called she came. I closed the door & she seemed content to spend the evening cuddling with me.
Last night she came in early and I closed the door early. I went out to the laundry around 7 PM and when I opened the office door to come back in, she slipped by me & was out again. By this time it was stone dark.
I went out several times during the night calling her. Nothing. I told Dan to leave the cat door open until he came to bed. Nothing. This morning, nothing. No Violet. I was brushing my teeth when Dan came in to tell me she was dead in the road. Damn that stupid f***'in cat. I loved her. Damn her.

No comments:

Post a Comment