Saturday, December 19, 2009

Too Cold for a Christmas Parade?




I was watching an "Alabama" Christmas music special this evening and saw that a Jaycee Christmas parade was coming on the same station right after the concert.

I love community parades. There's nothing more american, endearing or amusing. Besides, I 'm a past president of a Jaycee-ette chapter myself, so I'm gonna watch this. Since there was no mention of the location of the parade, I thought it might be out of Nashville. But it turns out this parade is actually in Panama City tonight.

I tuned in to hear two local TV "personalities" doing the commentary and the first thing I hear is "Oh, this must be the coldest night in the parade's 52 year history." They're whining, "It's 44 degrees out here & we're freezing." I went outside to double check. OK, it's 44 degrees, no wind, balmy, beautiful. As a matter of fact, there's a gorgeous crescent moon in a clear sky. Maybe just a tad warm for the Christmas season, but then again, you never know what you're gonna get in December in Florida.

Wow, these TV "personalities" are telling me how lucky I am to be watching the parade from the comfort of my home. Let's send them to NYC to sit through the Macys Christmas parade or how about the Mummers parade on New Year's Day in Philly. Jeez, what a couple of wusses.

As I finish this up, a guest who just checked into #6 came to ask me how to turn on the heat. Is everyone nuts around here? This is great sleeping weather. Open the windows!

No comments:

Post a Comment