Monday, December 14, 2009

Quick Hop to St Augustine








DS Nick and lovely family were passing through St. Augustine for just a day and since I haven't seen them in a year, I made the quick hop, if you can call 5 1/2 hours in the pouring rain a quick hop, over there for a little visit.
Of course that entailed a "quick hop" back again the next morning. This time 5 1/2 hours in dense fog. Totally worth it though. We had a great visit before the Vitola clan packed up & headed back to NJ.
I generally find driving long distances very relaxing. The rain & fog just served to keep me awake. No auto pilot this time.
I took along an audio book as I usually do. For 3 hours on the trip over, dead bodies kept turning up. In the closet, behind the bed, in the trunk of a car. And on the return trip, the bodies kept coming and although eventually the murders were solved, I don't think I'll nominate this one for a Nobel prize in literature. Good thing I drive an old car. By mistake, I bought cassettes instead of CDs.
When I wasn't listening to the book, I amused myself by cursing out the other drivers on the road who must all have been on leave from the nursing home. No offense intended. Yeah, right.


No comments:

Post a Comment