Thursday, November 5, 2009

An Exceptional Day

It was a really beautiful cool, dry morning, so I threw a sassy scarf around my neck, hoisted my new TJ Maxx bargain purse and set out for Panama City. I had no major agenda, so I hit a few of my favorite stores just to browse. Kirklands, Pier One, Bed Bath & Beyond and my new favorite World Market. What a treasure trove that place is. Picked up a few great bargains and got compliments on my excellent new purse.

Walmart was my last stop where I finished my Christmas shopping. On checking out the cashier asked me if I was having a good day. "I'm having an exceptional day," I said. I was having so much fun, I forgot to have lunch, so I parked in front of a sub shop (or what passes for one here in LA) and called DH to see if he wanted me to bring him a sub as well. "Oh yeah, great idea," he says, so I hit the lock button, hop out, slam the car door and lock my keys inside. Not that I noticed until I came back out with the sandwiches.

When I called Dan, he tried the remote with our cell phones trick, but apparently that doesn't work when you are 35 miles apart, so he closed up the motel & came to my rescue.

Apart from that little hiccup, I must say that it was indeed an exceptionally good day. I still have my totally excellent purse and I beat Dan home by almost 5 minutes. I'll bet he didn't even know we were racin'. Love that.

1 comment:

  1. What can I say, except good for you girlfriend! I am so glad you had a wonderful day despite locking the keys in the car. However, I haven't seen your new bag yet and I am already jealous!

    Love Ya QB!

    ReplyDelete