Monday, June 28, 2010

Wishful Thinking

In the last 45 minutes, I've had 6 mothers calling to try and reserve rooms for their deadbeat sons who got temp jobs training for oil spill clean up. This being July 4th weekend, I can only accommodate a few of them for a night or two.   I feel for these parents and can picture them while talking with me, down on their knees praying.  "Please let this job work out for this kid and let me get my life back.,"  I already have 2 men in their 30's in rooms which I had to charge to their parent's credit card.  Is that pathetic?  Only one of the mothers told me her son was under 21.  The rest were men???

On that same note, one of our Red Hat ladies, 72 years old, trained for beach oil clean up.  "Hey", she said, "the pay is $18 per hour and I work 1/2 hour on and 15 minutes off.  I can do that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment