Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Not As Dumb As They Look

I have been outsmarted by a couple of oversized, overalled yahoos from the hills of Tennessee.  Even though I'm certainly not a good loser, I have to give credit where credit is due.

Actually, there are four huge men, sharing a small room with 2 beds.  Their luggage (a huge Rubbermaid tub for each man) is piled high.  The first night of their stay they pulled the curtains off the windows, and messed up the bath towels.  When they came to us asking to extend their stay by one night, we told them there was nothing available.  Yep, liar, liar, pants on fire.  I didn't feel one bit guilty though and the next day when they asked again, I looked the guy right in the eye & still denied having a vacancy available for them.

I've always thought my bullshitting skills were better than average, but he must have seen through me because....he had his wife call the office pretending to be a new customer, and booked a room for the extra night.  He caught me in the laundry room early this morning & asked when they could move into their new room.  I'f my teeth weren't all mine, I would have dropped them when he told me what they did.  Checkmate!

No comments:

Post a Comment