Monday, October 5, 2009

Sad Story



Very sad story.

For me that is. Isn't this a great picture of a boy & his big boy toy? Dan got a twofer by renting the front end loader over the weekend. My goal was a regraded driveway so we'd have better water run off after a downpour. Very willing to budget for it. Less mud means less work.


Dan always has a personal agenda & his was moving his sandpile, (don't ask, that's a whole other story,) and clearing underbrush for a spot to park his box trailer. He spent Saturday taking care of his priorities.


Well, he did move about 1/2 of the sand pile. A lot of it is outside my office window & the other 1/2 in another mountain out back.
Don't ask, I have no idea.
Sunday, the very next morning, out he goes to play some more & when I don't hear any noise, I already know disaster has struck. Sure enough. Flat tire. Could that have been from using a front end loader as a bulldozer?
The toy sat unused all of Sunday & was returned Monday morning. The exhorbitant bill was paid and the driveway is still full of ruts which will fill with rain, then mud, then mud in the rooms.
Do I sound a little ticked? Mmmmm, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment