Saturday, August 22, 2009

Date Night


We started by having cocktails while sitting here on the porch around 9:30 PM. All the reservations were in, so we weren't expecting any customers.
I was surprised when Dan invited me out to a cozy spot to listen to big band music.
He walked me about 50 feet from the porch where the chariot awaited. We spent the following hour sitting in his Dodge Ram listening to big band music on his satellite radio. What a treat. For a guy his age, he's very much into 30's & 40's music. As for me, I've always been a fan. My mom & dad loved to dance, so in the years when the Steel Pier in AC had live big bands out in the ballroom, they would take 3, 4, 5 year old Michele, sit her on the sidelines and dance the night away. I absorbed the music and love it to this day. I can even remember lyrics.
My goodness, I felt like a bad teen age girl sneaking out with her boyfriend, but, I swear, nothing happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment