Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Dan, Dan the preacher man




Today, ordained minister of the Universal Life Church, Dan, performed a morning wedding ceremony on St Joe Beach.



Ridiculous as it sounds, we had him ordained on the internet. It all started when I became a Florida notary. Notaries in FL can perform weddings. I put that on our web site & started to get people asking me to do their wedding ceremonies. At first it was a novelty and then all too soon I realized that most folks wanted sunset weddings on the beach. Well damn, sunset interferes with my happy hour, not to mention the hot beach with the setting sun in my eyes.



When I had to attend a funeral up north and had a wedding scheduled, I went on line & got Dan ordained, so he could fill in for me. He's a natural and a people person who plays the role beautifully. He does a great job and has a presence that people respect. Dan is actually the chaplain of our local VFW.



There's another factor here. Most of our wedding couples are guests here at the motel & when your ceremony is performed by the lady making your beds and cleaning your toilets it sort of takes the magic out of it. Dan puts the magic back in.



1 comment:

  1. Had no idea, but think it is cool! Am confident that Dan does an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete