Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Some Good, Some Not so Much

We had a charming couple from Canada with us for almost 2 weeks.  They are the kind of people one hopes for in a people-oriented business.  The guy even repaired my car.  I lost my tail light on my last road trip.  I bought the new part in Dec and had been waiting for the DH to install it. I probably wouldn't have lived long enough waiting for him.  Here it is March & my nice quest fixed it for me.  Can't wait til they come back next year.  I'll make a list of needed repairs.

On the other hand...I had just finished rehabbing unit #3 & made it non-smoking.  The DH checked in two off the street people who paid cash, but he didn't get a cc# because he tells me he trusted them.  What does he care?  He doesn't have to do any of the work.  They smoked up a storm.  Left cigarette butts strewn all over the floor.  I have to close the room for 3 days to repaint, strip and shampoo. 

This morning when I went out to clean, I found more than a dozen dead fish thrown in the parking lot in front of unit #5.  Now I know it wasn't the guy in 5.  He's here working for the gas company and is a totally anal non-fisherman.  Anyway,  I picked up all the dead fish and dumped a bucket of Lysol in front of the room to dispel the stink.

Just 20 minutes ago, 3 workers checked into my bunk room. One of them came to the office a couple of minutes ago to request another pillow.  He was annoyed that I had to go out to the laundry to get his pillow and before he stalked back to his room asked me to give him a lime.  "I'm sorry, I don't have any limes," I said.  "What kind of hotel ees theese!" he shouted at me.

I think I'm going to take a blog break. I'm getting negative and my muse seems to have abandoned me.

No comments:

Post a Comment