Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rules are Rules?

I don't rent to locals.  I don't want to deal with domestic disputes, drug deals or have the bank VP and his secretary stop by for a nooner.  I flat out will not be that kind of place. 

However...tonight a sweet local family with 2 school age children needed one of my rooms because they couldn't pay their electric bill and won't have the air turned back on until tomorrow afternoon.  How could I say no?  It's 100 degrees out there.  Am I a sucker?  We'll see.

Speaking of suckers, a few  years ago, I had a housekeeper to whom I told that the only way I would rent a room to a local would be if their house burned down.  I was out one day and the DH rented a room to a girl who told him her house burned down, her car died and she had no where else to go.

Turns out, she was my housekeepers sister in law, who knew exactly what to say.  She trashed the room, & ripped out the window screen so she could blow her crack outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment