Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Phloi/Floyd



Remember my bassett hounds?  Betty & Chloe........gone.  Remember my beautiful kitty? Violet......suicide (still angry with her.)  Remember my betta fish, Wally & Wally Jr....lived long and prospered. 
 Look at my gorgeous new betta.  His name is officially Phloi, which means "beautiful gem" in his culture.  I have americanized it to Floyd.  He's going to live on my desk so we can chat every day and I can enjoy his beauty.  When I picked him out today, he was flapping his gills in excitement.

I wanted to take them all home.  Even the sad, the scrawny, the lethargic.  I may open a betta rescue.  They suffer in those tiny pet shop aquatic prisons.  Liberate the bettas!  Even if I had a house full, I wouldn't have pet hair, pet stink, discipline problems, need a fish door or a big fenced yard.

They love unconditionally.  Yes they do. I can tell.  I will change the motel website to say we are pet friendly.  All fish in bowls are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment