Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Face Only A Mother Could Love







I was watching the "Real Housewives of New Jersey" the other night and one of the women on the show had an animal I had never seen before and couldn't identify. I didn't even know if it was a dog, cat or rat.
My curiosity was piqued to say the least so I googled "naked cat," because I felt that a cat was my best bet. Sure enough, there's a hairless cat called a Sphynx.
I'm in love. I want one. I need one. I don't have $1000 to spend. I don't care. I want one. I'm going to start saving up today.
From my research, I've found that the Sphynx breed can be from the Canadian line or the Russian line and the two are not related. They are more intelligent than a normal house cat and have been called a cross between a cat, a monkey and a child. They love people & want to be close. The have a strong immune system because their temp runs about 107 degrees, giving them natural protection from disease.
Because they are hairless, they need to be bathed once a week. There's no fur to absorb body oils. Sometimes they like to join their humans in the shower. Their skin feels like chamois and they love to cuddle.
I want my own little Yoda. $1 down & how much a week?

1 comment: