Wednesday, June 10, 2009

#7 New Wall Art


These came today while the Ho & I were having lunch at the Sunset Coastal Grille, which by the way was a special treat for me, since I had to paint & re grout the shower in #11 this morning before I left. & totally needed a girlfriend break. The Ho & I always seem to help each other put things in perspective. Not to mention have more than a few laughs.
We both love quiche, but turned down the special today because it was made with cheddar & we both prefer swiss. So she opted for a pastrami panini & I went with the blue cheese bacon burger. Both decadent and delicious.
I have always liked the 3 dimensional metal wall art, but it's usually way pricey. I ordered these from a company that imports decor from poor exploited artisans in Haiti, hand painted & made from old steel drums. I figure the artists got practically nothing, the middleman a bit more and the retailer the bulk of the profit. For me, the price was right.
I'm absolutely thrilled with these caribbean cottages. Beautifully done and perfect for our new "Fabulous Flamingo" room. Maybe the Haitian artist made enough to buy a chicken for the stew pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment